As we grow older, we start to discover the effects of aging and begin seeking out our own “fountain of youth” solutions. While researching what you can do to slow down the aging process, you may have come across the effects of intermittent fasting on health, aging, and disease. It’s true that intermittent fasting can contribute positively to the aging process, but preserving your health requires more.
Longevity by Nature is dedicated to providing high-quality supplements, derived from nature – without any chemicals, ever. We have perfected a telomere lengthening supplement, Telos95, that is clinically proven to promote telomere health, increase cellular longevity, and protect against cell senescence.
When you combine mindful supplements with lifestyle habits such as good sleep, exercise, and intermittent fasting, you’re setting yourself up for the regeneration and repair of cells.
What is intermittent fasting?
This all sounds great, but what is intermittent fasting exactly? Intermittent fasting is a scheduled eating pattern that revolves around alternating periods of eating and refraining from eating, or, fasting. Intermittent fasting focuses on when you eat, instead of what you eat. Although there are many ways to practice intermittent fasting, the most common method is eating on a timed schedule, commonly 8 or 10-hour eating windows.
Scheduled feeding windows involve consuming all meals within the designated time frame. For instance, an individual may only eat from 10am to 6pm, and fast for the remaining 14-16 hours.
Another form of intermittent fasting is alternate-day fasting. This involves not eating anything for an entire day, a full 24 hours, on alternate days. This means that you would resume normal eating patterns on non-fasting days.
What are the benefits & effects of intermittent fasting?
Because we all love food, there have got to be benefits from intermittent fasting, right? That’s right. Let’s name a few. . .
- Weight loss. Intermittent fasting, in theory, reduces calorie intake and promotes weight loss due to its restrictive windows of eating time.
- Longer lifespan. Autophagy, a cellular process that can be stimulated by intermittent fasting, may be associated with an increased lifespan. Autophagy is where cells break down and eliminate damaged or dysfunctional components, like cleaning out waste, effectively enhancing cellular function.
- Reduced inflammation. Intermittent fasting has the potential to decrease the production of cytokines that contribute to inflammation, known as pro-inflammatory cytokines. At the same time, fasting may increase the production of anti-inflammatory cytokines, which can help counteract the inflammatory effects in the body. Inflammation within the body is linked to a range of health problems, including heart disease and cancer.
- Improved brain health. Intermittent fasting has the potential to enhance brain health by improving cognitive function and protecting against neurodegenerative diseases.
- Reduce oxidative stress. Oxidative stress is a key contributor to the aging process, and intermittent fasting can slow down the aging process.
Ready to create your own fountain of youth? Combine the power of Telos95 with intermittent fasting to boost your results. Start your journey to a more youthful, vibrant you and unlock the potential of a longer, healthier life.
How intermittent fasting may promote longevity and anti-aging
Similar to the effects of taking Telos95 telomere supplement, intermittent fasting has been shown to reduce oxidative stress, which is a key contributor to the aging process. Fasting has the potential to neutralize an imbalance of reactive oxygen species, or free radicals, by increasing the production of antioxidants. This, in turn, reduces oxidative stress on your body.
Risks of intermittent fasting
Although intermittent fasting can be beneficial to your health in numerous ways, it is not without risk. When practicing intermittent fasting, it is important to keep an eye out for warning signs of the following:
- Headaches. This can be due to dehydration, low blood sugar, or caffeine withdrawal during fasting windows.
- Malnutrition. It’s important to ensure that you are consuming enough healthy food and nutrients to support your body’s needs during a fasting period to avoid malnutrition.
- Sleep issues. During a fasting period, your body may release hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline, which can increase alertness and make it harder to fall asleep.
- Fatigue. Feeling tired or unwell can be caused by a drop in glucose levels, or as a result of dehydration. It is essential to allow yourself water at all times and not forget to hydrate well during fasting windows; adding a pinch of salt to your water is also a good way to prevent dehydration.
- Blood sugar issues. On and off eating can cause spikes and/or crashes in blood sugar in certain individuals.
- Disordered eating. The strict limitations of fasting can lead to eating disorders in individuals that may already be susceptible or have struggled with eating disorders previously.
Before practicing intermittent fasting, you should ensure it’s safe. Consider consulting your doctor before committing to an intermittent fasting regimen as they are privy to your medical history, medication, and other factors that may affect your ability to fast. Fasting is not generally recommended for diabetics, pregnant women, mothers who are breastfeeding, or children. We know how badly you want to fight aging but nothing is more important than your health and safety–at least that’s our belief at Longevity By Nature. For clinically proven, all-natural supplements that can slow down the aging process, shop our collection today.
Longevity by Nature is committed to offering the nutrients you need to slow down your biological clock by lengthening your telomeres. Telos95 slows down the natural aging process of healthy cells, meaning you can be your best – for longer. Our 100% natural Telos95 supplement, made in the USA, is FDA-compliant and clinically proven to lengthen telomeres and reduce cellular age by an average of 7.42 years when combined with healthy lifestyle choices.
In summary, intermittent fasting can slow down the aging process, but there are risks associated. While looking good is important, feeling good is most important. To slow down the aging process, consider all-natural supplements such as Telos95 by Longevity by Nature. Before intermittent fasting, consult your doctor.
By mindfully considering what – and when- you put nutrients into your body, you can be your own fountain of youth. Start your journey to a younger self inside and out, and try Telos95 today!
Explore more best selling supplements from Longevity by Nature
Related Blog Posts
- What are Telomeres?
- Tips to Protect Against DNA Damage
- How Can I Boost DNA Repair Naturally?
- What are “Zombie Cells” & Their Role in Aging?
- Why Do We Lose Telomeres as We Age?
- How to Protect Your Telomeres & Increase Longevity
- Why Do Telomeres Shorten With Age?
- Why is Telomere Length Important in Aging?
- Tips to Slow Down Telomere Shortening
- Tips to Slow Down Cellular Aging