Many people suffer from a lack of mental clarity and concentration, otherwise known as “brain fog.” Brain fog can affect everything from your work performance to your relationships.
On the other hand, when your mind is operating at its optimal level, it becomes much easier for you to achieve all your dreams and goals. So how do you improve mental clarity? Keep reading to find out how to improve mental clarity.
What causes lack of mental clarity?
Many things can cause or contribute to a lack of mental clarity including lack of sleep, poor diet, high stress levels, hormonal and biochemical imbalances, illness or disease, and more.
When you lack mental clarity, even the simplest tasks can become cumbersome and difficult.
Thankfully, there are many solutions to living with “brain fog” so that you do not have to suffer from a chronic lack of mental clarity and focus.
Is there anything I can do to improve mental clarity and concentration?
There are a number of things you can do to improve mental clarity and concentration. Some healthy habits and natural supplements that can help improve mental clarity include:
- Get enough sleep: It’s hard to concentrate on anything when you’re tired. The CDC recommends that all adults get at least 7 hours of sleep per day. Getting the proper amount of sleep is an important part of your overall health and well-being. Good quality sleep is important too – you should feel rested and alert after waking up to start your day. Your sleep schedule and your stress levels are intricately linked, so be sure to get enough rest and relaxation to help ward off stress and keep your mental function high.
- Healthy diet supporting brain health: Some of the best foods to eat for increased brain health include green leafy vegetables such as spinach or kale, fatty fish, eggs, berries, nuts, and seeds. Eating a proper diet can boost memory, focus, and brain function.
- Practice mindfulness: Mindfulness is simply the practice of being aware of your mind, body, and emotions in the moment. Simple mindfulness exercises such as controlled breathing can help improve your focus and concentration. Mindfulness techniques and meditation practices can help you gain mental clarity and strengthen your mind.
- Stress management: One of the best things you can do to improve your mental clarity is taking steps to prevent your mind from becoming overloaded in the first place. By observing proper time management and developing other stress reduction strategies, you can help keep your mental state calm and clear no matter what your surroundings.
- Drink plenty of water: Although it may seem simple, your water intake is actually extremely crucial for the proper functioning of all systems of your body. This includes your mental function. Be sure to drink plenty of water to avoid becoming dehydrated and watch how a simple glass of water can improve your focus and concentration.
- Find work/life balance: Similarly, maintaining a good work/life balance is crucial to keeping your mental health and your mental focus in the best possible shape. Allowing yourself to become overworked and burnt out only leads to decreased concentration.
- Natural light exposure throughout the day Getting the proper amount of light exposure can help to regulate your body’s natural circadian rhythms and sleep patterns. Studies show that just 15-30 minutes of exposure to natural light can improve mood, boost concentration, and improve your overall health and well-being. On the flip side, exposure to sources of blue light from electronic devices can have a negative effect.
- Try natural supplements: Natural supplements such as kollaJell™ can help improve your mental clarity and focus. kollaJell™ is Longevity by Nature’s proprietary blend of highly purified food grade jellyfish collagen designed to provide brain support. Other vitamins and supplements that are effective for mental clarity include Vitamin D, Omega-3s (such as fish oil), and Vitamin B-12.
- Limit multitasking: Although it may seem at first glance like multitasking is a good thing, the most effective approach to getting things done is actually focused work on one task at a time. Studies have shown that multitasking divides your attention, results in poor performance, and makes it harder to complete the tasks at hand.
- Spending time in nature: In addition to increasing mental clarity and boosting cognitive function, spending time in nature also has been proven to improve mental health and decrease feelings of anxiety and depression. Exposure to natural environments works to stimulate the senses and even increase levels of hormones and neurotransmitters such as serotonin and dopamine.
- Reduce sugar intake: Sugar can increase levels of insulin and hyperactivity in the body, making it harder to function or focus on the task at hand. High sugar intake has also been linked to multiple health issues and chronic conditions such as diabetes, heart disease and liver disease.
- Reduce alcohol intake: Similarly, a high alcohol intake can affect brain function even after you have sobered up. Heavy drinking leads to an increased risk of cognitive decline and can even permanently alter the brain.
Shop Longevity by Nature
Longevity by Nature offers a variety of cutting-edge nutritional supplements designed to complement your health and wellness journey. All of our products are clinically proven, made in the USA, tested according to government regulations, FDA compliant, and 100% GMO free.
kollaJell Jellyfish Collagen Brain Supplement is sourced from edible cannonball jellyfish (stomolophus meleagris) that uniquely supplies the body with multiple types of collagen peptides and essential minerals. Best of all, kollaJell is certified Kosher and non-GMO with no added fillers or excipients, and free of chemicals or pesticides.
This industry-leading supplement promotes the production of amino acids that are essential to memory and overall health. Jellyfish collagen also promotes optimum neurological activity, aids the function of neurotransmitters in the brain, improves cognitive memory, promotes healthy connective tissues, and stimulates the body’s acquired and innate immune responses.
With the right strategies, dietary changes, and supplementation, you can improve your mental clarity and focus, resulting in getting more done with the hours you have in the day.
In conjunction with all of the helpful strategies listed above, give our proprietary blend of jellyfish collagen a try to naturally boost brain function.
Explore more best selling supplements from Longevity by Nature