What is Hydroxytyrosol?
Hydroxytyrosol is a phenolic compound that has been shown to have many health benefits. When the compound is consumed, it can bring many beneficial health effects including acting as an antioxidant, an anti-inflammatory, protecting the skin and eyes, and potentially it may have some anti-cancer benefits as well. Hydroxytyrosol is hydrophilic that is absorbed through the walls of the small intestine and colon. One of the best parts of this compound is it is the only polyphenol that can cross the blood-brain barrier which can help fight free radicals in the central nervous system. The antioxidant properties of Hydroxytyrosol can help to fight free radicals in the body that can become extremely harmful if levels are too high. High levels of free radicals have been linked to encouraging the potential development of multiple diseases like diabetes, heart disease, and cancer. The anti-inflammatory properties of Hydroxytyrosol are excellent to help reduce inflammation in the body. Too much inflammation in the body can ignite a long list of conditions and diseases. Conditions like asthma, atherosclerosis, cancer, diabetes, and some mental conditions as well like autism. The skin and eye protection of Hydroxytyrosol can help reduce the oxidative stress that can cause UVA-induced protein damage to the skin. For the eyes, Hydroxytyrosol may help with macular degeneration that occurs as we age. With benefits like these, you can see why many people have added Hydroxytyrosol with table olives and olive oils into their diets.
What is hydroxytyrosol sourced from?
Hydroxytyrosol is an extremely powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory that comes from table olives and olive oil. Some pure Hydroxytyrosol extracts are actually drawn directly from the tree and its leaves as a by-product of the olive oil manufacturing process.
What are the health benefits of hydroxytyrosol?
As discussed, there are numerous health benefits to consuming Hydroxytyrosol. The most rich source of the compound can be found in olive oil, however, there are plenty of supplements that can provide all the similar health benefits of consuming Hydroxytyrosol without having the same potential effects on the cholesterol levels of the individuals looking for the benefits of the compound.
Here is a breakdown of how Hydroxytyrosol can be beneficial to your health.
- Cardiovascular health: Chronic inflammation affects the heart and cardiovascular system in negative ways. The powerful anti-inflammatory properties of Hydroxytyrosol can help to reduce inflammation levels in the body that are putting pressure on the heart and cardiovascular system. Inflammation in the body makes the heart work harder to ensure that blood gets to where it needs to go. Additionally, veins in the body can become constricted when inflammation is present.
Aging: Oxygen-derived free radicals are largely responsible for age-related damage that can occur, Free radicals can collect heavily through our lives. The results can be damaging to the skin, joints, and brain. Hydroxytyrosol is one of the most powerful antioxidants that can also go through the brain blood barrier when consumed. Not only then will the antioxidants help clear free radicals that attack the cells of the skin and joints, it can also help address brain health. Brain health is a critical part of aging and the antioxidants coupled with the anti-inflammatory properties is a powerful double-edge sword that can help slow down the aging process.
- Antioxidant benefits: Consumption of antioxidants is one of the best ways to keep yourself healthy. Excess free radicals in the body can overwhelm the body’s natural antioxidant defense system. The oxidation in the body that occurs can contribute to cellular damage and impairment. Hydroxytyrosol is known as one of the most powerful antioxidants available. Other benefits of antioxidants are also related to brain health, heart health, anti-aging, and skin health.
- Cancer prevention: With the general benefits that Hydroxytyrosol provides through its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that can help prevent cancer from developing, there is a suspected ability that the compound can help kill cancerous cancer cells.
- DNA health protection: The telomere is responsible for DNA health and protection. Antioxidants and anti-inflammatories can help to maintain the integrity of the telomere as we age. Keeping telomeres healthy can ensure that new cells that are created are strong and healthy. When telomeres are not in good condition, it can lead to numerous problems that can affect the entire body.
- Anti-inflammatory: Inflammation is one of the worst things for the body. It can lead to many diseases including heart disease, diabetes, cancer, arthritis, and bowel diseases like Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. Pain in the joints, tendons, and ligaments are also a sign of too much inflammation in the body that can cause constant discomfort. Hydroxytyrosol is an extremely powerful inflammatory that can help reduce flare ups of inflammation that cause discomfort and lead to disease. Inflammation is not only a major concern for individuals who suffer from joint pain, it can be a large issue for people with heart and cardiovascular conditions.
- Skin: Free radicals can cause damage to skin cells, and if you spend a lot of time in the sun, you may get some free radicals from UV light. UV light is a source of oxidative stress. UV can also cause protein damage to the skin. Hydroxytyrosol can be an excellent defense and repair to damaged skin cells.
- Eyes: Macular degeneration can be a major issue for some when we age. Hydroxytyrosol can potentially help to slow macular degeneration that forms during the aging process.
- Antimicrobial: It is thought that Hydroxytyrosol has antimicrobial properties that help fight against respiratory and gastrointestinal pathogens.
- Arthritis and joint pain: Arthritis is common problem for many people as they get older, by ingesting Hydroxytyrosol, a person can get the anti-inflammatory properties they need to help keep fare ups to a minimal as well as reduce the pain and discomfort that comes with arthritis. After an injury to a tendon or ligament, there takes time for healing which can be painful and uncomfortable for someone who has experienced an injury. Hydroxytyrosol can provide some antiinflammatory relief that may be needed during healing.
These are just some of the many benefits that Hydroxytyrosol can provide.
Is hydroxytyrosol the most powerful antioxidant?
Yes, Hydroxytyrosol is considered one of the most powerful antioxidants available in nature. Hydroxytyrosol is naturally found in olive oil and table olives. Originally, many people were already aware of how powerful an antioxidant olive oil was, however, they believed it was due to the oleic acid found in olive oil. After some studies were conducted, experts learned it was not the oleic acid in olives, which is also found in chicken and pork, but the Hydroxytyrosol that was the source of the most powerful antioxidant effects.
Do hydroxytyrosol natural supplements exist?
Yes, you can find many Hydroxytyrosol natural supplements on the market. Olea25 is a Hydroxytyrosol supplement with highly therapeutic food grade polyphenol that is sourced from organic olive leaf. Olea25 is made by Longevity By Nature, a natural supplement company that proudly offers natural supplements that are made in the USA, FDA compliant, 100% GMO free, and clinically proven. Cancer patients and those at genetic risk of cancer can benefit from nutritional supplements such as Hydroxytyrosol. For more information and FAQs about Olea25 click here. Some of the benefits of Olea25 include:
- Combats 5 predominant reactive species
- Aids in lowering inflammatory biomarkers
- Synthesize Glutathione naturally
- Naturally utilizes vitamin A, C, D, and K
- Antimicrobial / anti-bacterial / anti-viral / anti-fungal
Explore more best selling supplements from Longevity by Nature