Living with arthritis pain can be challenging. If you’re suffering from arthritis pain, you’re not alone. Arthritis pain is actually one of the most common causes of pain worldwide. While it can be difficult to live with arthritis, there are things you can do to relieve arthritis pain and reduce the impact it has on your everyday life. Read more as we uncover how to relieve arthritis pain.
What is arthritis?
Arthritis is characterized by pain and stiffness of the joints. Some of the most common symptoms of arthritis include swelling, pain, redness, and stiffness that can limit one’s range of motion in their joints. Arthritis is not a single disease and can come from varying associated conditions and range in severity. While arthritis may not be a condition of aging, it can worsen as we age. The two main causes of arthritis are osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Keep reading as we review some of the leading causes of arthritis and the pain that accompanies this condition.
Types of arthritis pain
Osteoarthritis is one of the leading arthritis associated conditions. This type of arthritis is the effect of damage to a joint’s cartilage which can be brought on by an injury or through years of wearing down. Cartilage is what exists at the ends of our bones where they form a joint. The cartilage acts as cushions and its slick coating is what allows our bones to move comfortably. When that cushion is worn down, the bone can grind together, no longer moving as seamlessly in the joint. This can result in limited motion, swelling, tenderness and pain.
You may be suffering from rheumatoid arthritis as it’s one of the leading causes of this condition. Rheumatoid arthritis is considered an auto-immune disease because the body’s immune system attacks its own tissue, including the lining of the joint capsules. Joint capsules are made from a tough membrane that are intended to protect and enclose the part of the joint. When the immune system attacks this tissue, it results in inflammation and swelling. This swelling can be very painful and over time the inflammation can destroy the joint and bones.
If you have rheumatoid arthritis, you may be more likely to develop a condition called Fibromyalgia. Fibromyalgia can be characterized by causing pain all over the body. This condition can cause an increased sensitivity to pain and can be accompanied with other symptoms including fatigue, headaches, and sleep problems. In addition to rheumatoid arthritis, other risk factors of fibromyalgia include lupus and age. Fibromyalgia becomes more common in middle aged and older adults.
Psoriatic arthritis may occur with persons who have the skin condition psoriasis. This inflammatory arthritis causes joint pain, swelling, and stiffness that can come in flare ups. Psoriatic arthritis most notably affects the fingers and toes but may also impact other areas including lower back.
Gout can impact anyone and is a form of arthritis that is very common. A trait that is unique to Gout is the severity and suddenness of flare ups. A flare up of gout can be so severe it may wake you from sleep. The symptoms of gout include redness and inflammation, severe joint pain, discomfort, and lack of movement of the joint. Gout most commonly affects the big toe. Gout is caused by uric acid build up in the body which can come from foods we eat,
While most back pain tends to be acute, chronic back pain can be caused by many types of arthritis and similar conditions. The lower back is the most common area of the back impacted by arthritis pain.
Common causes of arthritis pain
With many forms of arthritis, the risk factors can vary. Some of the most common risk factors for arthritis include:
- Previous injury to the joint
- Family History
- Sex (different types of arthritis can be more common to a specific sex)
How can I relieve arthritis pain fast & naturally?
No matter what the type of cause of arthritis, any disturbance to our joints can lead to serious inflammation and pain. If you suffer from arthritis or chronic joint pain, you will need to know how to relieve arthritis pain fast and naturally. We will cover a few of the best natural arthritis pain relieving methods below:
- Manage your weight: The more weight we carry, the more stress we can put on our joints. By managing your weight, you can reduce the stress that is put on your joints.
- Exercise: Exercise is a great way to prevent and minimize pain associated with arthritis for various reasons. First, exercise will help in achieving and maintaining a healthier weight. As mentioned, this will reduce the stress on your joints. In addition, low impact exercises can help relieve arthritis pain by encouraging more range of motion in the joints, ease arthritis pain, enhance your mood, and help you live a more quality life.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture has been shown to help relieve arthritis pain. Receiving acupuncture results in the release of endorphins in the body. These hormones are our body’s natural form of painkillers, helping minimize arthritis associated pain.
- Hot and cold therapy: Hot and cold therapy can be a great way to relieve arthritis pain. This method can help minimize inflammation and reduce the stiffness and pain associated with it. A healthcare provider may recommend various combinations of heat and ice. Heat sources typically can come from heating pads, hot packs, and even warm baths. Finding ways to loosen your joints will aid in suppression of pain.
- Try natural supplements: Adding a supplement to promote joint health can be a great way to reduce arthritis pain naturally. When searching for supplements, you will want to ensure it promotes joint and cartilage support. Try Longevity by Nature’s kollaGen II-xs, a natural supplement to promote cartilage support for joint health.
- Try a massage: The key to relieving arthritis pain is by reducing inflammation. Massages can be a great way to increase circulation in the body. Increasing circulation can help reduce inflammation, in turn reducing pain.
- Plant based, anti-inflammatory diet: Anti-inflammatory and plant based diets can be a great way to reduce the inflammation that occurs at the joints for those with arthritis. Foods including berries, avocado, turmeric, and olive oil can help minimize inflammation.
Shop KollaGen II-xs from Longevity by Nature
Shop Longevity by Nature if you’re seeking how to relieve arthritis pain naturally. Longevity by Nature uses pharmaceutical grade food ingredients to create natural supplements that are non-GMO and free of chemicals. Our science backed products provide the right solution to suit your body’s needs. For arthritis and joint pain, try kollaGen II-xs. This highly therapeutic connective tissue formula provides optimum articular cartilage support for those who need it most.
Living with arthritis can be difficult as you navigate chronic inflammation, pain, and discomfort. There are plenty of ways to relieve this pain naturally and improve your quality of life. Things like maintaining weight, exercising, stretching, hot and cold therapies, and even acupuncture can help you relieve arthritis pain naturally. Add a natural supplement such as kollaGen II- xs into your daily routine to promote optimal cartilage and joint support.
Explore more best selling supplements from Longevity by Nature
- Telos95 Telomere Supplement
- H.A.95 Hyaluronic Acid Supplement
- KollaJell Jellyfish Collagen Brain Supplement
- Olea25 Organic Olive Leaf Supplement
- Tendoguard Collagen Joint Support Supplement
- Pure Marine Collagen Peptide Dietary Supplement
- ArthroGuard Collagen Peptides For Dogs & Pets
- Pure Marine Fish Collagen Peptide Powder